Announcing SputnikNet 184.108.40.206 and new Sputnik Agent firmware
We've been very busy at Sputnik lately, updating all of our servers to the latest version of SputnikNet. On top of that, we've released a new version of Sputnik Agent firmware for Broadcom Wi-Fi platforms.
Our goal, as ever, is to offer you the most flexible, affordable hotspot management system in the world.
Here's some more detail on the new versions:
We've actually done two updates in the past three weeks. SputnikNet's current version is 220.127.116.11. Here are the new features since our last update:
- Enhanced bandwidth shaping: now you can specify a bandwidth cap (maximum) that is applied to all users on any given access point or network. This prevents bandwidth hogs, and is very useful in situations where broadband is limited (for example, on cruise ships with satellite backhaul).
- Improved PayPal/credit card transaction processing.
- Faster, more reliable AP provisioning using Sputnik Instant Setup.
- Various bug fixes.
More details are in our changelog.
Sputnik Agent Firmware Updates
- Support for bandwidth cap feature (above).
- Support for new hardware (full list is here, and you can download our firmware for free, here).
We hope to roll out new firmware for Atheros-based models (e.g. EnGenius, Deliberant, Ubiquiti) in the near future.
Not only that, we have a series of exciting upgrades planned both for SputnikNet and for Sputnik Agent firmware. Stay tuned!